Smart Cities Tour 2021
- NORTE: Decarbonization | January 28th
- CENTRO: Energy Communities | February 25th
- LVT: 15 Minutes City | March 25th
- ALENTEJO: Smart Tourism | April 29th
- ALGARVE: Soft Mobility | May 21st
- MADEIRA: Circular Economy | June 24th
- AÇORES: Citizen Participation | July 15th
Smart Cities Tour 2020
Annual initiative organized by the National Association of Portuguese Municipalities, in partnership with NOVA Cidade – Urban Analytics Lab, from NOVA IMS – Information Management School, to share good urban intelligence practices applicable to the municipal reality and with the participation of the administration, companies and academia.
4th edition program – February to November 2020:
- Valongo: Circular City | 12th February | Program
- Monchique: Smart Tourism | 28th October | Program
- Évora: Smart Grids and Zero Carbon Energy Communities | 11th November | Program
- Covilhã: Sustainable Mobility | 21st October | Program
- Oeiras: Smart Innovation | 4th November | Program
- Campo Maior: Smart Cohesion | 25th November | Program
- Coimbra: Mayors Summit
The Smart Cities Tour 2019 program aimed to present, for the third consecutive year, the state of the art and to know the main challenges and concrete projects that are being developed in Portugal in the network’s municipalities, with the participation of the territory, the academy and the companies .
Throughout the day, presentations took place, a mini-fair and an urban safari dedicated to the theme of the workshop.
3rd edition program:
- 16th January in Faro | Technological innovation and economics
- 05th February in Aveiro | Smooth Mobility
- 27th February in Lisbon | City as a Platform
- 19th March in Vila Real | Circular City
- 28th March in Setúbal | Inclusive City
- April 5th in Ponta Delgada | Climate change
- May 08th in Funchal | Happy City
Smart Cities Tour 2018
The Smart Cities Tour, as a national initiative of an annual nature, composed of a cycle of thematic workshops in several Portuguese cities, with the aim of promoting the sharing of good practices between different municipalities and the presentation of innovative solutions within the scope of the theme of smart cities.
A partnership between the Universidade Nova de Lisboa – through the Nova Information Management School (Nova IMS) – and the National Association of Portuguese Municipalities (ANMP) that brought together representatives of the country’s various local administrations with a focus in this matter, together with knowledge and the innovation of academia and companies.
The initial structure was maintained in the 2nd edition, but partners were added, and its scope expanded, even territorial, also integrating the autonomous regions in the tour, promoting workshops in Ponta Delgada and Funchal.
The cycle of workshops was also integrated into the Portugal Smart Cities Summit. Organized by the AIP Foundation, with the collaboration of ANMP and NOVA IMS, its start was marked by a Mayors Summit where the results of the Smart Cities Tour 2018 were presented and which allowed to gather, in a single event, the greatest number of good practices implemented by the municipalities and the innovative solutions of the companies.
Smart Cities Tour 2017
The program, which was carried out in partnership with the NOVA Cidade – Urban Analytics Lab initiative, from NOVA IMS – Information Management School, consisted of a cycle of 5 thematic workshops, which took place in different cities in the country and were dedicated to the themes of Governance , Energy, Society and Quality of Life, Economy and Innovation, Mobility.
This project was part of the strategic partnership that ANMP and NOVA IMS entered into through a collaboration protocol within the scope of the NOVA Cidade initiative, with the support of PT and having the Smart Cities Magazine as media partner.
Throughout the Smart Cities Tour 2017, it was intended to present the state of the art, with the participation of academia and companies, and to know the main challenges and concrete projects that the municipalities of the network have in the different dimensions involved.
At the end of each workshop, an ideation session was held involving all participants in the design of a roadmap for the construction of urban intelligence on the theme of the day.